Monday 3 January 2022

2021 Walking and Cycling Stats

So many of the blog write ups in 2021 have been around the many and varied walks and cycle rides I've enjoyed. Therefore it seems only right to document exactly how many miles in total have been covered. 

During the year I have been active 220 in total. This only includes planned walks and not trips to the shops/pubs etc. A total time of 476 hours walking or in the saddle. 

I suppose the most important figure is the total amount of miles covered. The 4,084 miles is broken down as follows:

Walking 633

Cycling 3451

Total elevation was 195,877 feet or just over 37 miles. 



One of the positives is that I have improved on the previous year which is good. In 2020 I was active for 160 days and covered 2353 total distance. Quite a big difference really, although I did have a big injury in early 2020.

My most productive month was April, probably did a lot more walking because of 'Lockdown'. 

I think in 2022 I will be pleased to do 3500 miles on the bike and 650 walking. I don't want to set any bigger targets really as so much can happen. If I can have a similar year to 2021 with a slight improvement I will be happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Punch - The Musician Leicester

I've just passed a late fitness test and have made it to 'The Musician' in Leicester. Just hoping that my knee will take the str...