Monday 14 November 2011

Within Temptation - Brixton Academy



Support was provided by Dutch Singer Anneke Van Giersbergen formerly of The Gathering. She has duetted with Sharon in the past, most notably on 'Somewhere'which can be seen on the fantastic Black Symphony DVD which I highly recommend.





Thanks to Sarah Louise Wild for the Anneke pics.

Anneke van Giersbergen




New guitarist Stefan

Jeroen


Before the gig I actually met the band as I went through the stage door to sort my ticket query. In fact Ruud actually spotted me and shouted 'Hey Peter Arthur the liquor Man'. Remembering me from when I gave him a bottle of my home made Sloe Gin at the Fans Day.
I did have some more Sloe Gin with me and wish I had given it to him then! The over zealous security took it off me as I was going in later. They hadn't got a clue what it was. There was no point arguing with idiots and people were streaming into the venue and I wanted a good place near the front. So the Sloe Gin was confiscated....

The set list was exactly the same as for the Dutch gigs I went to so I have not replacated.They can be seen on previous write ups from Tilburg.

Ruud

Sharon in full cry


It has been a long,long wait for this one ! Originally scheduled for March at the Shepherds Bush Empire, Sharon has had another baby and the venue upgraded due to demand. Not to mention a new guitarist Stefan Helleblad taking over from Robert who is taking a back seat with production and writing duties. Also Mike Coolen is now the official drummer.
Great to see so many familiar faces both before and after the concert.
Thanks to Eddie Mallet for using his photos, for the first time ever my camera let me down!! Unfortunately it is too expensive to repair so I am now the proud owner of a Canon Powershot SX210 IS. I am sure we will both be very happy together.

1 comment:

Mr Punch - The Musician Leicester

I've just passed a late fitness test and have made it to 'The Musician' in Leicester. Just hoping that my knee will take the str...