Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Jack Frost

Temperatures overnight dropped to a chilling minus 6 degrees leaving a covering of ice and mist turning the surrounding area into a 'fantasy land'.
 I decided to leave the car at home and walk down to the Samaritans Centre on the Kettering Road and take a few photos to capture the scene.
Surprisingly as I walked I soon got very warm , something to do with the 10 layers I was wearing no doubt.


It was lovely to come across this large herd of sheep grazing on some common land . They seemed totally oblivious to the cold.


The floodlights in the distance are at Northants County Cricket Club and the foreground is the old golf course that is now Bradlaugh Fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newquay to Perranporth - SWCP Walk

  Crossing the Gannel Estuary Really looking forward to the walk today on the SWCP. I've had to wait for low tide in order to cross the ...