Friday 12 February 2010

Family Coat of Arms

I'm not really big on tracing back my family history in all honesty. However I was mildly interested to stumble across a Coat of Arms for the family name. I suppose every name more or less has one? But it's still nice to think of having my own shield or flag to fly over my castle.

Equally impressive is the family motto 'Impelle Obstantia' which translated means 'Thrust aside obstacles'. How cool is that ?

However I have a long way to go before I can match the achievements of Admiral Stanley Arthur - American Vice Chief of Naval Operations from 1992-95, and won the Distinguished Flying Cross eleven times and the Navy Distinguished Flying Medal three times amongst other decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Punch - The Musician Leicester

I've just passed a late fitness test and have made it to 'The Musician' in Leicester. Just hoping that my knee will take the str...