Saturday 20 December 2014

Deaf Havana - Kasbah Coventry

This was an unusual gig for me and in truth I was a late substitute for someone caught up with the pre- Christmas festivities. So the chance of a new venue and something a bit different was too good to be turned down (especially as the ticket was free). The main act 'Deaf Havana' I was familiar with although I was not over impressed with most of what I had heard. Described as Alternative Rock they were formed in 2005 in Kings Lynn.
I was much more impressed by the guitar-driven five piece band from Cambridge 'Lonely The Brave' who I think have a big future. There are lots of different influences in their music from heavy and hardcore to a more proggy feel. They are unusual in that their singer 'Paul Jakes' is happy to stay out of the limelight 'side on' towards the back of the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Punch - The Musician Leicester

I've just passed a late fitness test and have made it to 'The Musician' in Leicester. Just hoping that my knee will take the str...