Sunday 20 February 2011

'Escapist' Nightwish Gathering London 15'2'11

It was a really good night and brilliant to meet everyone. Hopefully there will be a follow up in the Summer. Everyone got on really well and hopefully enjoyed the Jagermeister as much as I did ....
Special thanks to Carol for organising!


'Keeping in with the Organiser'


Sarah 'Oceanborn' from Saarfend


'The Whistler'


With Oceane & Remy who were over from Nice in France


'Evilyn' I think she has forgiven me for thinking her dad was her husband ???


'The Evil Wench' who even brought her whips with her!


Great to meet up with Carol who is the creator of the fan site and has put in so much hard work to get it up and running and then to get official sign-off from the Nightwish Management. She had spent time with Tuomas and recorded an interview for the site. Unfortunately Tuomas was tied up with recording work at the studios so wasn't able to join us. But we did all receive a lovely signed momento to mark the occasion. He also signed the photo that I had given to Carol previously and dedicated it to 'My fellow Peter Pan'............

Carol- Sporting her newly acquired Nightwish tattoo.


Covent Garden is always a great place to visit as so much going on with the street entertainers and stalls. I always end up buying something I shall never use... This time it was a pack of trick playing cards which you can do 80 card tricks with.
Just had time for a wander up Charing Cross Road to mooch around the book shops and CD stores to pick up a few bargains.
Good to catch up with my Boss as well at 'The Crobar' Bourbon and metal bar.


'The Lamb & Flag'

Before the 'meet up' I did a quick tour of some of my favourite haunts in the Capital. I always like to wander around Chinatown, which was still decorated following the Chinese New Year celebrations. From there a wander up into Soho and Berwick St Market.
No trip to London would be complete without a trip to the 'Lamb & Flag' pub near Covent Garden and Theatre district. Always a good atmosphere in there and some great Ales on offer.


It was lovely to get down to London for the first ever meet up of the 'Tuomas Holopainen' fan site. It was held at 'The Pipeline Bar' just off of Bishopsgate.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pete,

    How are you? Is this the official Tuomas fansite? Looks really cool, I wish I was there. Is Tuomas doing the London project for the Imaginarium movie or both? Either way it's awesome, Great post....

    ReplyDelete

Mr Punch - The Musician Leicester

I've just passed a late fitness test and have made it to 'The Musician' in Leicester. Just hoping that my knee will take the str...